Your septic system contains a collection of living organisms that digest and treat household waste. Pouring toxins down your drain can kill these organism and harm your septic system. Whether you are at the kitchen sink, bathtub, or utility sink:
- Avoid chemical drain openers for clogged drains.
- Use boiling water or drain snake
- Never pour cooking oil or grease down the drain
- Never pour oil-based paints, solvents, or large amounts of toxic cleaners
- Eliminate or limit the use of garbage disposal